Undergraduates who engage in supervised research, scholarship, and creative endeavors experience positive personal, academic, and professional benefits beyond those provided by other college experiences. The UIC Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) offers UIC students from all backgrounds and in all majors information and resources that help them find, secure, and succeed in such experiences–on and off campus and nationally and internationally. The OUR also supports faculty and staff in mentoring students and garnering funding for their projects. We are home to a number of signature initiatives, including the Undergraduate Research Experience opportunity database and the Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Award, and a partner with campus units on several others.
- As a result of COVID-19 social distancing procedures, all appointments and drop-in hours for the Office of Undergraduate Research are now virtual.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research hosts virtual walk-in hours Mondays-Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Students who would like to consult with or receive advising from the Office of Undergraduate Research are encouraged to contact us by phone at (312) 355-3586 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Walk-In Hours:
The Office of Undergraduate Research hosts “no appointment necessary” virtual walk-in hours.
- Mondays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Zoom link